Current Weekly Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge

CURRENT WEEKLY SPEEDY FOX AND FRIENDS CHALLENGE HERE

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Speedy Fox Featured Designer - Lois B




I’m Lois, and I’ve been a member of the Senior Design Team for Mark’s Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company, since Day One, back in 2009.  Like the founder of Mark’s Finest Papers, I live in Florida – although like most Floridians, I was born somewhere else.  I am a transplant from rural Bucks County, Pennsylvania, having moved to Florida in 1968.   I’m a widow; my husband of 41 years died in 2003.  I have three grown children and eight grandchildren – ranging in age from 21 down to 3.   

I got into this addictive hobby like many others – I attended a Stampin’ Up workshop at my best friend’s house, knowing absolutely nothing about rubber stamping.  I felt rather overwhelmed by the scope of what the demonstrator showed us, so I bought just one stamp set, a couple of ink pads and some paper.  And, as happens to all of us, the rest is history!!!  That was in 2005.  Here I am seven years later, completely absorbed into the craft of stamps and ink!  I do enjoy learning new techniques.  

You can find Lois' latest tutorial Faux Leather An Embossing Folder on SpeedyTV here and her blog here for more inspiration.


2 comments:

Gail said...

Hi Lois - this is a nice write up of yourself. Sorry to read your hubby passed away - I am sure you miss him very much. Glad you are in a nice weather state. You create great tutorials - enjoy your crafting week! Gail

Karenladd said...

So funny how many of us got hooked on Stampin through Stampin Up parties. I only went to help out a friend, and whoops...I have been a stamper ever since! I'm the only one of my friends who stamps...even the person who had the stamp party gave it up! I love the challenges on Speedy TV because they keep me creative and trying new techniques and designs.