Current Weekly Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge

CURRENT WEEKLY SPEEDY FOX AND FRIENDS CHALLENGE HERE

Monday, May 13, 2013

Speedy Fox Featured Designers - Jane C and Sue W



We are featuring two designers today as part of our Featured Designer series since health issues prevented uploading one of the tutorials last week.


Jane C.

Hi, my name is Jane and I am so happy to have been asked to do a bio and tutorial for Speedy TV featured SR Design team member.  What a great site and wonderful friends and of course wonderful stamps!!!

I live in a small mining town in the mountains of Utah.  It is considered a “ghost town” but I haven't had the privilege of meeting any ghosts yet!  My hubby and I retired and move here three years ago to enjoy the clean air and non existent traffic.  He is from here and so is all his remaining family.  We have three married daughters, there great husbands, and 5 wonderful grandsons.  We did have another family member our dog Buck but he went over the Rainbow Bridge three weeks ago.  RIP Starbuck.

I was asked last May to be on the Senior Design Team for Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company.  I am also on the Tutorial Time on Speedy TV design team.  What a great experience this has been so far.  The company is so generous with providing the beautiful stamps each month and allowing me to create with them.  I love making cards and have been doing so since 2008.  I love the creative outlet and also it helps pass the long winter months up here.  All my team members are a great bunch of ladies that provide such support for all of us. 

I have provided a fun tutorial for you to try and I hope you have as much fun as I did making my card.  You can view Jane's Collage Elements tutorial here and her blog here for more inspiration.



Sue W.
     
       I am self-taught, although I have taken many classes from some of my favorite artists. I have been teaching rubber stamping around my state for over 15 years and love it. I demo at rubber stamp conventions in my tri-state area whenever possible. At a rubber stamp convention years ago, I was asked to send in a sample for publication while demoing at a convention in New Jersey. I have since had my work published in Vamp Stamp News, The Stamper's Sampler, Somerset Gallery, The Rubber Stamper and Scrap & Stamp Art.
 
            As of April 2012 I joined the SR design team of Mark’s Finest Papers.  I was on the Creative Crew for the stamp company Lasting Impressions with Panache from June 2005 to 2008 and the design team for Faerie Song Art Stamps in May 2008 to February 2012.  Sunday International is another design team I have had the privilege to be associated.

            My passion right now is creating unique postcards and hand stamped greeting cards.   Other interests are carving my own stamps, bookmaking, beading and discovering new techniques to share.

            On a personal note I'm married and live in Connecticut. My art is inspired by the mood I happen to be in at that moment.  When it comes to art I like to say, “what is old is new again! And I like to tell my students, “there are no mistakes in rubber stamping just happy accidents!”.

You can view Sue's latest tutorial Faux Shaker here on SpeedyTV and visit her blog here for more inspiration.



1 comment:

Karenladd said...

I always love learning more about your DT members and especially like to hear how people got into card making and stamping to begin with. your DT is fabulous!!